IGI's next generation program for Integrated Geochemical Interpretation
p:IGI+ is IGI's replacement for p:IGI-3. Not just a progressive update from p:IGI-3, but a complete software rewrite from the ground up to enable:
- Extensibility - massively enhanced property model, with unlimited user columns and support for much larger projects
- Maintainability - reviewed design of our software to enable us to improve and add features with ease in the future
- Usability - a much more modern user interface to reduce barriers to use, including a full undo system, while retaining the existing drag and drop feel
- Features - new data model enables far richer features including support for well logs, full well integration and enhanced visualisation options
p:IGI+ is under active development, the current release version is 1.2.1 released in Nov 2016. Key features are illustrated below, and include:
- import a wide range of data with a smart linking system, and a merge facility to bring together analyses for the same sample, and information for the same well
- bring in well metadata including depth information, stratigraphic tops, temperature data and assign this contextual information to samples and depth plots to assist with an integrated interpretation strategy
- edit the data, and cut and paste from other application via a spreadsheet that knows about the properties measured in geochemistry, their units and automatically calculate a set of useful equation from the data
- overview the data in the project using the unique project data overview system to quickly find where your data is
- sort data and filter data in the project using the powerful sample sets context, with automatically created sample sets for each well in the project
- plot data on a range of graphs, interact with the graphs to select and query data, create, edit and apply palettes and sample sets to graphs
- quickly create predefined interpretive graphs and easily edit these, or create your own and share with colleagues
- extensive geochemistry help for all properties in the system.
A good place to get an overview of p:IGI+ is the developing User Guide. Looking forward we will see additional features added including:
- support for wireline LAS files and gas log data, and plotting simultaneously with geochemical data
- improved mapping and interaction between maps and graphs
- interactive multivariate statistics support including PCA
If you are interested in getting more information, or a demonstration of p:IGI+ please contact us using the button below.
Fill in the form to get in contact
Import of text, Excel and p:IGI-3 data, with an easy to use, semi-automated import system with full alias support.
Import well data including deviation surveys, stratigraphy, temperature data and auto-populate sample data.
Review your data with import summary statistics and the project data overview to show where you have data.
Easy editing using a geochemistry aware spreadsheet with support for equations, units and customisation.
Define your own properties to add to our extensive model, and seamlessly integrate these with the whole system.
Powerful graphing, including histograms, scatter plots, depth plots, triangle plots and line plots.
Create colour, size and shape palettes, save as templates to share with colleagues; drag on graphs to apply.
Use range of predefined industry standard graphs, and create and share your own interpretative overlays.
Brush data across graphs and maps, to identify unusual or interesting data, easily creating samples sets.
Easily create filters for your data (sample sets) based on complex criteria to find the data of interest.
Drag and drop to apply sample sets, wells and palettes to efficiently explore your data in graphs, and maps.
Obtain geochemical help for all IGI properties in the system, and easily find the properties you want to use.
There are several resources to support p:IGI+.
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows 7 SP1, 8, 8.1 (not as virtual machines)
- Windows 10 (beta - note there are some known issues with spreadsheet interaction with Windows 10 we are looking into - we currently recommend Window 7)
- Windows Server 2008 SP2 (not supported on Server Core Role, or as a virtual machine)
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 (not supported as a virtual machine)
- Windows Server 2012 (both virtual and physical installs)
- Windows server 2008, 2008R2 or Server 2012 is recommended for the SentinelRMS License software included with pIGI+.
The minimum system requirements
The minimum system requirements for running p:IGI+ are as follows:
- Version 4.5.1 of the .NET Framework
- WPF Rendering Tier 1
We’d recommend running p:IGI+ on a machine with an Intel i5 or better processor, and at least 4Gb of memory, however we have tested p:IGI+ across a wide range of machines, and while performance degrades on less capable machines, p:IGI+ will continue to run. We are still actively improving the performance of p:IGI+, and anticipate improving responsiveness in the future.
Using p:IGI+ remotely
We have tested p:IGI+ in the following remote access systems:
- Windows Remote Desktop (from Windows Server 2012)
- Citrix Remote Application (Citrix Xenapp 7.5, Windows Server 2012)
- Windows Remote Desktop Applications