IGI are looking for a proactive finance officer who can work across a range of areas and levels of detail.
IGI is a small, specialised geochemistry consultancy and software development company based in rural North Devon, with a second office in Birmingham. Established in 1983, IGI is a successful family run business with a global reputation in the Oil and Gas domain. IGI primarily provides consultancy services, sells software and data, and runs training courses, across the world.
The finance officer job involves:
- Accurate financial management of a 30-person service company and its holding company
- Supporting the directors with financial compliance at the national and international level
- Project management support around the preparation of quotes and associated invoicing
- A proactive approach to supporting the long term financial and business interests of the company
As a person working in a relatively small administrative team you will be independent and self-motivated. You will report to the Directors, and will work closely with the Office Manager and Software Administrator, to ensure the efficient running of the business.
The position is flexible and can be taken up as a full time or part time post with a minimum of 70% time required, and preference for being able to respond to urgent queries 5 days a week. IGI has a generous holiday allowance and offers a relaxed, professional working environment.
Skills and knowledge:
- Basic accounting skills – required
- Good communication skills – required
- High level of self-management – required
- Proven attention to detail – required
- UK VAT law as it applies to a consultancy service company – required
- Basic Payroll – required
- Basic auto-enrolment pensions requirements – preferred
- An interest in, and basic understanding of, international trade - preferred
- Use of Quickbooks Desktop accounts software – preferred
- Basic Use of Word, Excel, Outlook Email – required
You will ideally have at least 2-3 years of experience of financial administration in a small or medium sized enterprise. The job will be based in the IGI offices situated in North Devon, including free parking and a pleasant rural working environment, which includes the option to have a staff allotment.
The salary will depend on skills and experience and will be in the range of £28-40K per annum pro rata, with an additional annual performance dependent bonus. The position is available immediately and it is intended that for the first months you will shadow our existing finance officer in the period leading to their retirement.
Please apply with covering letter and CV to Helen Davis firstname.lastname@example.org; the deadline for applications is Friday 8th June 2018.