Approximately every 6 to 8 weeks IGI will publish a concise “Technical Note” here on our website, which we hope will be of interest to our clients, or indeed anyone interested in petroleum geochemistry and petroleum systems analysis. These short documents will cover a wide range of topics within the fields of oil & gas geochemistry, petroleum source rocks, basin modelling, and even aspects of our software packages. The first of these appeared on our website in January 2016. Please come back regularly to check for new additions. The Technical Notes published so far can be found listed below, and also on our News Page as they are released.
7. Assessing Basins’ Petroleum Systems rapidly with 1-D Pseudo-well Modelling
By Tiago Cunha (March 2017)
6. Source-characteristic information preserved in hopane carbon number composition
By Paul Farrimond (January 2017)
5. Alternative Source Rocks in the Norwegian sea - Potentially Cretaceous sourced hydrocarbons in the Møre and Vøring Basins
By Laura Garner (October 2016)
4. Expansion of the p:IGI+ SARA property model
By Andrew Green (July 2016)
3. Are coals oil-prone or gas-prone source rocks?
By David Gardiner (June 2016)
2. Permian-sourced oil in the Norwegian Barents Sea
By Paul Farrimond (March 2016)
1. Waxy oils from lacustrine source rocks
By Paul Farrimond (January 2016)