Dr Tiago Cunha
Senior Basin Modeller & Petroleum Geochemist
• Basin modelling and geochemistry consultancy
• Prepares & delivers basin and petroleum systems modelling training courses
• Highly experienced basin modeller, using a variety of approaches and software, integrating geology, geophysics and geochemistry data
• Ph.D. in Marine Geophysics, University of Oxford, 2008
• B.Sc. in Geology, University of Lisbon, 1998
Cunha T. A., L.M. Matias, P. Terrinha, A.M. Negredo, F. Rosas, R.M. Fernandes, L.M. Pinheiro (2012). Neotectonics of the SWIberia margin, Gulf of Cadiz and Alboran Sea: a reassessment including recent structural, seismic and geodetic data. Geoph. J. Int. 188, 850-872.
P. Baptista, T. Cunha, I. Davison, M. Perez-Gussinye, I. Steel, M. Taylor (2011). How we can predict sedimentary thickness and thermal maturity in undrilled basins of the African Interior Rifts?. East Africa Petroleum conference and Exhibition, Kampala, Uganda, 2-4 February.
Cunha T. A., Watts A B, Pinheiro L M, Myklebust R. (2010) Seismic and gravity anomaly evidence of large-scale compressional deformation off SW Portugal. Earth & Plan. Sc. Lett. 293, 171-179.
Alves,T. M., C. Moita, T. Cunha, M. Ullnaess, R. Myklebust, J. H. Monteiro, and G. Manuppella (2009). Diachronous evolution of Late Jurassic?Cretaceous continental rifting in the northeast Atlantic (west Iberian margin). Tectonics 28, TC4003, doi:10.1029/2008TC002337.
I. Davison T. Cunha (2016) Allochthonous salt sheet growth: Thermal implications for source rock maturation in the deepwater Burgos Basin and Perdido Fold Belt, Mexico Interpretation, Vol. 5, No. 1 (February 2017); p. 1–11,http://dx.doi.org/10.1190/INT-2016-0035.1.