Dr Paul Farrimond
Senior Petroleum Geochemist, Consultancy & Project Manager, Director
• Manages activities of the geochemical consultancy in IGI’s Bideford offices, and most of the individual projects undertaken
• Delivers specialist petroleum geochemistry training courses
• Highly experienced molecular petroleum geochemist, with particular expertise in biomarker geochemistry applied to oil and source rock characterisation and correlations
• Ph.D. in Organic Geochemistry, University of Bristol, 1987
• B.Sc. in Chemistry & Geology, University of Bristol, 1983
Farrimond P., Green A. & Williams L. (2015). Petroleum geochemistry of the Sea Lion Field, North Falkland Basin. Petroleum Geoscience 21, 125-135.
Farrimond P., Naidu B.S., Burley S.D., Dolson J., Whiteley N. & Kothari V. (2015). Geochemical characterization of oils and their source rocks in the Barmer Basin, Rajasthan, India. Petroleum Geoscience 21, 301-321.
Dolson J., Burley S.D., Sunder V.R., Kothari V., Naidu B., Whiteley N.P., Farrimond P., Taylor A., Direen N. & Ananthakrishnan B. (2015). The discovery of the Barmer Basin, Rajasthan, India and its petroleum geology. Am. Assoc. Petrol. Geol. Bull. 99, 433-465.
Ross A.S., Farrimond P., Erdmann M. & Larter S.R. (2010). Geochemical compositional gradients in a mixed oil reservoir indicative of ongoing biodegradation. Org. Geochem. 41, 307-320.